INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S CONFERENCE „EAST AND WEST MEET IN SAINT PETERSBURG“
30 NOVEMBER – 1 DECEMBER 2017
MINISTRY OF LABOR
In collaboration with
The Conference 2017 continues a 24 year long tradition of organizing international women’s conferences in Saint Petersburg, where leading Russian and international politicians, public figures, scholars, entrepreneurs, leaders of women’s NGOs and journalists meet in order to exchange information and experience on projects aimed at development of democracy and international business and humanitarian cooperation.
The theme of the Conference is „100 YEARS OF EQUAL RIGHTS IN RUSSIA“
The main topics to be addressed:
- 100 years of equal rights in Russia: lessons of history and today’s challenges;
- Strategy of actions for the interests of women and mechanisms of practical implementation of measures towards improved standing of women in politics, economy, society and culture;
- Demographic challenges and labour market;
- «Silver economy»: society for longer active years of life;
- Women’s organizations and public diplomacy: interaction for development.
The goals of the Conference are:
- To bring together active female professionals and women’s organizations in order to develop and implement projects and programs, aimed at contribution to implementation of policy of equal rights and opportunities;
- To create conditions for demonstrating best practices of promoting women in all spheres of life of the society;
- To raise public and mass media awareness of women’s organizaions‘ activities; to promote a positive image of female executives; to contribute to more active participation of women in electoral processes.
The Conference will host the following events:
- Virtual exhibition „Women’s Project“. The aim of the exhibition is to demonstrate opportunities and achievements of female entrepreneurs and results of efforts of socially oriented women’s NGOs.
Representatives of executive and legislative power, NGOs, mass media and educational institutions, experts, business executives and entrepreneurs are invited to participate in the Conference.
30 November 2017 The Conference Hall of Smolny (Saint Petersburg Government) Opening and plenary session
1 December 2017 Hotel “Oktyabrskaya” Open workshops, round tables and section meetings
Price of participation is 250 EUR(no VAT applied). The price includes participation in all events of the Conference, a folder of a participant, interpretation services, 2 lunches and 2 coffee break, reception on behalf of the Organizing Committee and transfer from the hotel to the conference venue.
The International Women’s Conference is organized by Saint Petersburg Socio-Economic Institute Phone /fax +7 812 7171649; +7 812 7170711, e-mail: email@example.com, web site: www.iwmspb.ru